Get Involved with the ISC
Are you looking for a way to get involved with the university community, gain useful skills and apply to the Edinburgh Award? Join one of our two teams and become part of the ISC family.
Being a volunteer in the ISC Social Team is an amazing way to make friends from all over the world, enhance your resume and learn useful skills.
- Make coffee and tea
- Ensure the space is tidy
- Create a friendly environment and give advice to newcomers
- Brainstorming and planning events
- Marketing and advertising
Time commitment: min. 9 hours/month
- One 1 hour weekly shift in the Lounge, either at Pleasance in the Activities Hub
- One meeting every two weeks
- One event of your choice per semester (circa 4 hours/event)
If you commit to a total of 35 hours over the course of the semester, you are eligible to participate in the Edinburgh Award, an official recognition of your work to build a global community on campus.
If you want to know more, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook.
If you're thinking, "Say no more!" and are ready to commit, join our socials volunteer group!
Unfortunately there are no more trips volunteering slots available for the semester, but we're always looking for more people to join our socials team! If you'll be around next September make sure to keep an eye out for our next call for Trips volunteers!
The Trips team organises and runs our weekly trips. Being a member of the Trips Committee is very rewarding, but the role entails a lot of work, including meeting deadlines and planning ahead. In return for your hard work, you can go on our trips for free, visit amazing places in Scotland and meet people from all over the world.
- Ticket sales and promotion
- Creating new trip opportunities
- Doing research into new destinations for our trips
- Running a trip, including going on the trip and making sure everything on the day proceeds as smoothly as possible
- One monthly meeting
- Organising and going on 1 or 2 trips per semester