Get Involved with the ISC
Are you looking for a way to get involved with the university community, gain useful skills and apply to the Edinburgh Award? Join one of our two teams and become part of the ISC family.
Being a volunteer in the ISC Social Team is an amazing way to make friends from all over the world, enhance your resume and learn useful skills.
- Make coffee and tea
- Ensure the space is tidy
- Create a friendly environment and give advice to newcomers
- Brainstorming and planning events
- Marketing and advertising
Time commitment: min. 9 hours/month
- One 1 hour weekly shift in the Lounge, either at Pleasance or King's Buildings House
- One meeting every two weeks
- One event of your choice per semester (circa 4 hours/event)
If you commit to a total of 35 hours over the course of the semester, you are eligible to participate in the Edinburgh Award, an official recognition of your work to build a global community on campus.
****The Trips Committee for Semester 1 is no longer accepting volunteer offers. Check back in Semester 2 or join us one of our trips!****
The Trips team organises and runs our weekly trips. Being a member of the Trips Committee is very rewarding, but the role entails a lot of work, including meeting deadlines and planning ahead. In return for your hard work, you can go on our trips for free, visit amazing places in Scotland and meet people from all over the world.
- Ticket sales and promotion
- Creating new trip opportunities
- Doing research into new destinations for our trips
- Running a trip, including going on the trip and making sure everything on the day proceeds as smoothly as possible
- One monthly meeting
- Organising and going on 1 or 2 trips per semester